Membership entitles you to
- access members only area (See here for facilities available)
- receive quarterly journal
- support the work of the society's projects
- vote at the society's AGM
- participate in group activities
- contact other members with similar interests
- ask for help from other members
Overseas members can opt to receive their journals in electronic form (pdf files) rather than by post. New members will be sent a welcome pack and any already issued journals from the start of the membership year.
- How new members can join
- Existing members renew here
- Types of memberships and subscriptions
- Members Interests
- Members change of address and Email
How to apply for membership if you are a new member
- Complete a membership form with member's Interests .
It can be downloaded in either Word or PDF
- The subscription for various types of membership as here
- Pay by either
The membership year goes from 1st April to 31 March.
Ordinary, Senior and Overseas Memberships can be held in joint names. * see below.
|UK Full Membership
for those living in the UK
|UK Senior Citizens
for those who aged 60 or over, or those under 16 on 1st April of the membership year of joining.
|Overseas Membership (Mail)
for those living outside the UK and wanting their Suffolk Roots Journal delivered by ordinary mail.
|Overseas Membership (Digital)
for those living outside the UK and wanting their Suffolk Roots Journal delivered via email.
|* Joint Membership: There is no extra cost for joint membership in any category. Only 1 copy of Suffolk Roots will be issued per household. Both members will have a vote at AGM|
On joining the Society you are invited to submit, on the form provided, a list of your family interests:
- Surname(s) being researched
- County and town or village
- Time period.
This information will then be displayed on the Society's website allowing people to contact you via an e-mail or by post, (e-mail & postal addresses are not shown) the latter will be forwarded by the Membership Secretary.
Only members can enter their interests, but anyone can search the database, giving members wider coverage and a more likely response. If you have not provided your interests or want to change them please download and complete an Interest form which can be downloaded and either Word or PDF format. Please send it to the Membership Secretary via mail or email at the address given above.
If you have changed your address or your email address please let the Membership Secretary know as soon as possible.