Membership entitles you to
- access members only area (See here for facilities available)
- receive our quarterly journal, Suffolk Roots
- support the work of the society's projects
- vote at the society's AGM
- participate in group activities
- ask for help from other members
get 20% discount on publications (exc postage)
Members can opt to receive their journals in either paper form or download from the website. New members will be sent a welcome pack and any already issued journals from the start of the membership year.
- How new members can join
- Existing members renew here
- Types of memberships and subscriptions
- Members Interests
- Members change of address and Email
How to apply for membership if you are a new member
- Complete a membership form with member's Interests .
It can be completed by downloading the Word form or online via the Google Form
Alternatively, go to Parish Chest
- Pay by either
- Credit/Debit card.
- By cheque made payable to "Suffolk Family History Society" in full no acronyms please.
- Send completed membership form (if completing the Word form), and cheque as applicable to Membership Secretary.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post to the Membership Secretary, David Horton, 26 The Crescent, Slough, SL1 2LQ
Please note that membership discounts for purchases via the shop will not apply until your membership has been acknowledged and made “live”. Please wait for confirmation from the membership secretary.
The membership year goes from 1st April to 31 March.
Ordinary, Senior and Overseas Memberships can be held in joint names. * see below.
UK Concession Membership (Postal)
UK Full Membership (Postal)
|* Joint Membership: There is no extra cost for joint membership in any category. If applied for, all members must reside at the same address & all names listed on the form. All will have the same membership number, & the household will receive 1 copy of Suffolk Roots. Each of the joint members will have a vote at the AGM. We need one email address, and this will be used for communication and give you access to the member's website pages.|
On joining the Society you are invited to submit, on the form provided, a list of your family interests:
- Surname(s) being researched
- County and town or village
- Time period.
This information will then be displayed on the Society's website allowing people to contact you via an e-mail or by post, (e-mail & postal addresses are not shown) the latter will be forwarded by the Membership Secretary.
Only members can enter their interests, but anyone can search the database, giving members wider coverage and a more likely response. If you have not provided your interests or want to change them please download and complete an Interest form which can be downloaded in PDF format. Please send it to the Membership Secretary via mail or email at the address given above.
If you have changed your address or your email address please let the Membership Secretary know as soon as possible.