Haverhill Group Project
Employers and Employees (2019)
The business known as Chauntry Mills is located at the very heart of Haverhill. It has provided employment for the people of the town and surrounding villages since the first factory was opened in1856 to produce drabbet. For many years during Queen Victoria’s reign it was the principal employer and by 1900 approximately 2,500 of the town’s population of 4,800 were working there. The business has been owned and run by the same family, passing from father to son(s) in an unbroken line since its establishment. It still operates today.
Click here to view individual exhibition posters